[fluka-discuss]: RE: Pb+Pb Collision: Significance of PHYSICS wiht SDUM=LIMITS

From: Anton Lechner <Anton.Lechner_at_cern.ch>
Date: Wed, 6 May 2015 15:05:27 +0000

Dear Shakeel,

Please be so kind and always send the input file + .out/.err/.log files, otherwise it can be hard to guess what the problem.

Looking at your previous questions on the list, I assume that you are interested in simulating Pb-Pb collisions at LHC energies with the SPECSOUR card. It might well be that you run into an issue, which has been discussed previously on the list (http://www.fluka.org/web_archive/earchive/new-fluka-discuss/7505.html). The point is that the stack size is presently too small to accommodate all the secondaries produced in such high-energy lead ion collisions. The stack size will be increased in the next release (or respin) to resolve this problem.

Note that setting no maximum CMS momentum/nucleon does not initialize DPMJET correctly and is therefore not a valid solution (maybe multiplicities are not as high if you do not correctly initialize DPMJET and that's why it seems to run fine, but as I said it is not a solution).

Cheers, Anton