Re: [fluka-discuss]: Geometry Rotations with a Magnetic Field

From: Luigi Salvatore Esposito <luigi.salvatore.esposito_at_cern.ch>
Date: Fri, 29 May 2015 11:47:35 +0000

Dear Dirk,
you can give a look at the slides<https://indico.cern.ch/event/334606/contribution/18/material/slides/0.pdf> presented at the last advanced FLUKA course about the tracking in magnetic field.
As a practical example, you can refer to the exercise proposed at the same school<https://indico.cern.ch/event/334606/contribution/19>.
In this example, we associated a constant field to several quadrupoles defined as lattices, by means of ROT-DEFI transformations.
All the best, Luigi

On 28 May 2015, at 22:35, Bartkoski,Dirk Alan <DABartkoski_at_mdanderson.org<mailto:DABartkoski_at_mdanderson.org>> wrote:

I am having no success and was wondering if anyone has any suggestions. I have generated a 3 dimensional magnetic map consisting of x,y,z coordinates and magnetic field vector components at each location. In Flair I turn on the magnetic field in a region of the same size. I then track particles in that region subject to the magnetic field represented by my magnetic map. I have used the magfld user routine to accomplish this for the case where my map coordinates coincide with my Fluka geometry. My problem is that I am trying to rotate my Fluka geometry about a point using a Rot-Def and apply a corresponding transformation in my magfld routine that would rotate my field map with my geometry. The goal is to sum the contributions from multiple beams at the origin where each beam is subject to a magnetic field that has been rotated along with the beam.

Dirk A. Bartkoski, Ph.D.
Postdoctoral Fellow | Radiation Physics
<image001.png>
Mays Clinic (ACBP1.2972.1)
1515 Holcombe Blvd., Unit 1202
Houston, TX 77030
(713) 745-8124 Office | (865) 310-7349 Mobile
dabartkoski_at_mdanderson.org<mailto:dabartkoski_at_mdanderson.org>