Re: [fluka-discuss]: Neutron activation in Fluka

From: Mikhail Polkovnikov <Михаил Полковников> <pmk_at_ihep.ru>
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2015 16:26:04 +0300

On 02.06.2015 10:46, Ngoc-Duy Trinh wrote:
> Dear FLUKA users,
>
> I want to calculate the residual nucleides due to neutron activation
> with a given neutron spectra in 260 groups calculated before by
> another FLUKA simulation ? I dont want to put all my simulation in the
> same time to reduce the time of calculation, so i want to know is it
> possible to calculate like this ? and how can i do it ?
>
> Best regards.
>
> --
> TRINH Ngoc Duy
> Stagiaire - Service de Physique - Grand accélérateur national d'ions
> lourds
> Master 2 Instrumentation nucléaire - Université de Bordeaux
> ndtrinh_at_outlook.fr <mailto:ndtrinh_at_outlook.fr> -
> trinhngocduy.k55_at_hus.edu.vn <mailto:trinhngocduy.k55_at_hus.edu.vn> -
> ngoc-duy.trinh_at_ganil.fr <mailto:ngoc-duy.trinh_at_ganil.fr>
> Tél : 0783188922
Dear Ngoc-Duy Trinh,

There are two ways.

The first one is to use the "two-step methods" as described in
https://indico.cern.ch/event/334606/contribution/35/material/slides/0.pdf (slides
43-49). The second one is to sample a given neutron spectrum into SOURCE
routine within a new geometry (which is a part of the whole simulation).

In both cases you have to use SOURCE routine, but the second approach
might be much easier.

Best regards.