Re: [fluka-discuss]: Dose calculation (Unit: Gy/min)

From: Amit Kumar <amit.live.sal_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2015 11:37:27 +0530

Dear HoSeung, Santana

Since there is always some error in the calculated quantities (dose).
Therefore, if dose has been calculated by simulating 10e5 number of
primaries(electron in this case) and then if we multiply it with 10e15 to
get dose corresponding to 10e15 primaries then error will be simply
multiplied. But if dose has been calculated by simulating 10e15 primaries
then error will be reduced.

That's why I am thinking 10e15 number of primaries should be used in the
simulation. I have not seen how much CPS would be appropriate for this
simulation but I am expecting it to be difficult.