[fluka-discuss]: Re: [fluka-discuss]: Scoring ambient dose​ rate; deviation fro​m MCNP-results

From: Alberto Fasso <fasso_at_mail.cern.ch>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2015 15:13:23 +0200

Dear Alexander,

two comments about your problem.

1) it is the first time I hear about TÃœV*, so I don't know anything about
their techniques and procedures. But didn't it occur to you that "The
results of MCNP and the TÃœV-results are identical" because TÃœV did also
use MCNP as you did?

2) anyway, it is a serious issue, because a disagreement of this size has
never been found with MCNP, and especially in a purely electromagnetic
problem. To clarify the situation, therefore, it would be easier if the
comparison was made in the simplest possible way. I suggest that you
try it again by not scoring ambient dose equivalent, but simply fluence,
differential in energy. I would also do the calculation with only Co-60,
without the complication of Cs-137.

Alberto