Re: [fluka-discuss]: ROTPRBIN usage

From: Vittorio Boccone <dr.vittorio.boccone_at_ieee.org>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2015 22:16:35 +0200

Ciao Oscar,
 Allow me to start with a few geometry consideration (which are always
useful)

   - You define a few regions just with bare-rotated-touching RCCs (*C60*,
   *C65* *C68* for example). This might generate rounding problem at the
   interface between the two regions, when the code will need to determine
   whether a particle is in a region or outside. A safer implementation could
   be easily deployed by using a longer RCC cut by a plane. In your particular
   case the cutting place could be used in the generation of all those
   regions, and will remove the risk of tedious crashes related to the
   geometry definitions.
   - Bodies which undergo the same transformation can be grouped together.
   - Then you mention:
> ROTPRBIN WHAT(6) is wrongly set to 0.0 instead of 1.0.
   If you use flair just delete the field.
   - Your second *ROT-DEFI* card is also pretty useless as no angle is
   specified.

Coming finally to your problem. If I understand correctly your *'n1'*
*USRBIN* should appear at the interface between *C40* and *C51*. The good
news is that you were almost there. The *ROTPRBIN* card only accept direct
transformations, while the *star_transform* directive can both work with
the direct and indirect transformations.
The solution then will be in front of your eyes: define the the inverse of
*rot5*, use *-rot5* for the *star_transform* directive use *rot5* for the
*ROTPRBIN*.

Hope it helps.
Best,
Vittorio