Re: [fluka-discuss]: ROTPRBIN usage

From: Vittorio Boccone <dr.vittorio.boccone_at_ieee.org>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2015 20:23:51 +0200

Ciao Oscar,
 then I understood correctly (rare event with this heatwave which is
crossing central Europe).

You for sure already had a look here:
https://indico.cern.ch/event/365567/contribution/3/material/slides/0.pdf
but I think it might not be straightforward to get the full picture
immediately.

The ROT-DEFI cards define a transformation which can be applied to binning,
lattices and directives.
The key issue is that the *start_transform* (etc) directives are very
different from the ROTPRBIN card. The ROTPRBIN will require the direct
transformation, and as a matter of fact it will transform the *"position of
the tracked particle before scoring with respect to the defined binning*".
The geometrical directives will instead transform the bodies (runtime or at
initialization depending on the directive) and accepts as argument both the
direct rotation (+rot5) or the inverse(in your case -rot5).

This is why when defining a ROT-DEFI the bese idea is to tune it on the
USRBIN first as the geometrical directives can handle also the inverse one.

There's a nice way to check it with Flair. If you add new visualization
layer (layer then "+" button on the UI) you can superimpose the outline of
the usrbin on the geometry (and apply a ROT-DEFI) by selcting the "USRBIN"
option and then checking the "USRBIN from input". (See attached screenshot)

In conclusion

> $start_transform -rot5

plus

> ROT-DEFI 200. +22.5 rot5