[fluka-discuss]: Respin fluka2011.2c-1 released

From: Alfredo Ferrari <alfredo.ferrari_at_cern.ch>
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2015 18:03:09 +0200

Dear Fluka users

fluka2011.2c-1 is now available on the web site. This respin addresses the
following problems:

- an issue with neutrino interactions on hydrogen (see Shirley Li message
   on June 1st)

- an issue with angular distributions computed with Usryield when two
   Usryield's with different angular distribution features (eg one vs the
   normal and one vs the beam direction) are requested (see Bo Yang message
   on May 1st)

- an issue with low energy neutron cross sections for Bi where
   spurious downscatterings were present due to a bug in Njoy 99.259
   which was used to generate the cross section file

There are also a few enhancements:

- the maximum number of Usrtrack estimators has been increased to 2500
   following some requests. USE WITH CARE!! Usrtrack's are very CPU
   expensive since the code has to loop on all defined Usrtrack's
   for *each particle step*. Also, introducing unnecessary boundaries
   in the geometry for the purpose of having many (small) regions for
   Usrtrack scoring can disturb the physics, particularly multiple
   scattering, and particularly for electron/positrons, and therefore
   it is strongly discouraged

- a dummy Usrtrack (Usrcoll) estimator with sdum=EN-NUCL will
   transform the energy scale for *all* Usrtrack (Usrcoll) estimators
   from energy to energy per nucleon (particles with |baryon number|
   0 are considered as with 1 -> for all elementary hadrons/leptons
   it does not change anything). A dummy Usrtrack (Usrcoll) with
   sdum=ENERGY resets the energy scale for all Usrtrack (Usrcoll)
   estimators to the default, that is total kinetic energy as usual

- the low energy neutron cross section library has been almost entirely
   reprocessed with the latest version of Njoy99. Some isotopes/elements
   for which updated/more complete data were available, are now processed
   from different sources wrt what is indicated in the manual.
   Also, for some elements (Ga, Br, Sr, In, Sn, Ba, La, Lu) gamma production
   is now available while it was not in the past. The manual has not yet
   been updated with these changes.

Please note that, due to the changes, the random number sequence is going
to be different wrt fluka2011.2c-0. Support and bug corrections will be
available as usual only for the last respin (this one).

This is hopefully the last respin of the 2011.2(b/c) series. We aim at a
new major release with many significant changes/improvements by year end

                  The Fluka developer team