Re: [fluka-discuss]: several problems during fluka using to deal with LiF NEUTRON convertor

From: Vittorio Boccone <dr.vittorio.boccone_at_ieee.org>
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2015 00:12:27 +0200

Dear Huang,
  I went thought your word document (please next time write it directly
into the mail).
First thing. The decay is not instantaneous and pass from the neutron
activation of Lithium, therefore you have in principle to treat it as an
activation study.
The decay of the activated Li will give you very standard alpha and tritium
peaks from nuclear disintegrations.

The *USRBIN* scoring (by region see manual) will help you in saving to disk
the energy deposition, being the *step* - explained in the manual - the
number of successive regions to skip in the scoring process. E.g if you had
(in order of appearance in the input file) Reg1, Reg2, Reg3, Reg4, Reg5 and
you selected Reg2 with a step of 2 you would then core Region 2 and Region
4.
The card *AUXSCORE* associated to the *USRBIN* will help you in selecting
the contribution of the define particle to the scored quantity
The card *RESNUCLE*i will help you in determining what will stop and stay
in the system

About the normalization I don't understand your point. The values are per
primary or in your case per neutron primary particle independently from the
source type.

FLUKA learning curve is not too steep and I would suggest you to follow the
material of one of our Beginners Courses. All the question you asked are
covered there
Best,
Vittorio