[fluka-discuss]: 18 MeV Neutrons on Carbon

From: <francesca.belloni_at_libero.it>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2015 19:35:15 +0200 (CEST)

Dear all,

           I am trying to simulate the response of a diamond detector to a monochromatic pencil-like neutron beam.
I was expecting different reactions to take place and, as a consequence, to be able to score with mgdraw the
energy deposited by charged particles, for example alphas, in the carbon.

But I must be doing something completely wrong, since the energy deposited in the diamond is always 0
(not to get a large TTree for nothing, in the mgdraw routine I asked to dump the energy deposited only if it is higher than 0.
As a cosnequence nothing is written on the TTree).

To understand what'sgoing on, I edited also usdraw by following
http://www.fluka.org/web_archive/earchive/new-fluka-discuss/1059.html
and dump the results on the *.log file.
But I get always only neutrons.

I have problems in attaching files using the browser at work, therefore I uploaded the simulation at the link
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_15-rbSQCThamM2YkJsb0JiOWM/view?usp=sharing
(this time everyone should have direct access, at least for the download).

Could anyone give a look please?

Thanks,

regards,
Francesca

-----
P.S.
To run the simulation:

-expand the file in a folder
-add to your .bashrc
        export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/folder_where_you_put_the_simulation
-source .bashrc
-digit make
-digit $FLUPRO/flutil/rfluka -e rootfluka -N0 -M5 test &amp;