[fluka-discuss]: A optimaized ratio between iron and polyethylene

From: Ñ <b-yang12_at_mails.tsinghua.edu.cn>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2015 21:26:34 +0800 (GMT+08:00)

Hi,every Fluka user

Recently I want to use FLUKA to design a compact shielding for a 200MeV proton loss point. Due to existence of high-energy neutron, I try to use iron plus polyethylene as a shielding. But I wonder if there is a optimized ratio between iron thickness and polyethylene thickness to effectively shield the high-energy neutron. If anybody can give me some suggestion or reference, thanks very much.

Bo yang