[fluka-discuss]: Compilation problem with FLAIR Geoviewer 2.1-6

From: <acowley_at_jlab.org>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2015 09:56:34 -0400 (EDT)

Hello FLUKA-Discuss!

I, and two others, have hit a compilation problem with the latest
geoviewer. The error I get from either RPMBUILD of the src.rpm or MAKE of
the src.tgz is:

>>dxfexport.cc:71: error: expected primary-expression before '.' token

which repeats until line 326. The full log of the errors is attached.

I have all the latest of TKinter, Tk, flair, python-imaging,
python-imaging-tk,gnuplot, numpy, rpmbuild, and the gcc c++ compiler. All
other OS packages have been updated, and I am running RHEL 6.6.

The naive approach of simply removing the offending lines allows
compilation to finish, but I am certain that that is not best solution to
this problem. Geoviewer does appear to work normally, so I assume that
this portion is code for functionality that I do not use.

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions that resolve this without
chopping up the program.

Regards,

Andrea Cowley
acowley_at_jlab.org

Postscript:
There is a warning in the compilation that can be resolved by setting an
additional flag in the makefile:

>>CXXFLAGS += -std=c++0x

this will tell gcc to use C++11 rules during compilation.