[fluka-discuss]: Gas bremsstrahlung simulation- How to eliminate unwanted contributions?

From: MARILIA LISBOA DE OLIVEIRA <marilia.lisboa_at_cnpem.br>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2015 14:45:39 +0000

Dear Fluka experts,

I am verifying the dose equivalent rates from gas bremsstrahlung (GB) outside an optical hutch (3 GeV electron synchrotron machine). This GB is produced by the interaction of the primary particle with residual gas (H2, CO, CO2 and CH4 molecules) inside a copper chamber at 1E-9 mbar.

I would like to kill the primary electron beam after a 3.2 T dipole and all particles produced after it to avoid their dose contribution. I read the manual and I am not sure about the best manner to do this (using EMF-CUT or the subroutine USRMED or other manner).

Could someone help me in this question please?

Thank you.

With the best regards,

Marília Lisboa Roca Santo