[fluka-discuss]: what is the meaning of Mean Excitation Energy

From: YANG Tao <yangt_at_ihep.ac.cn>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2015 18:22:11 +0800 (GMT+08:00)

Hi, everyone!

When I look the output(.out) of FLUKA, I find that the mean excitation energy of Ar is 188 eV, but the excitation energy of Ar is 15.7 eV which can be found anywhere. I try to find the definition of the mean excitation energy, unfortunately, I cannot find it. Could anyone can tell me the meaning of the two physical quantities?

regards,

Tao Yang