[fluka-discuss]: Beam direction

From: <akardeep_at_barc.gov.in>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2015 11:19:39 +0530

Hello!!

I want to project a Beam along Y axis. For this I am planning to use
BEAMAXES card. In this card I am thinking of following entries:
cosBxx=0.0 cosBxy=0.0 cosBxz=1.0
cosBzx=0.0 cosBzy=1.0 cosBzz=0.0

I further want to make the beam width 180 cm in z direction and 50 cm in x
direction with beam center as z=90 and x=25 (,Y=-10 as starting point).
For this I set shape as rectangular and delta(phi) as flat in BEAM card
along with delta(x)=180 and delta(y)=50.
In BEAMPOS I set z=0, x= and y=-10.

In further geometry I assume the normal way of defining co-ordinates.
Is it the right approach or some modifications are required?

What are the cards (and entries) appropriate to verify the beam direction
and its width?

Thanks and Regards
Deepak Akar
BARC, Mumbai