[fluka-discuss]: Reaction rate

From: Zafar Yasin <Zafar.Yasin_at_cern.ch>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2015 06:25:55 +0000

Dear FLUKA experts and users,

I have 4 pi 3He neutron detector modeled using FLUKA. 31 cylindrical type 3He tubes in the form of three concentric
rings are embedded in a polyethylene moderator. Cross sectional view of the detector is shown below.

[cid:bbe84078-7135-445a-9825-048bfa83ed50]

The source at the centre of the detector may be directly neutrons or neutrons produced by bombarding photons on lead target placed at the centre.
By using 32 USRTRACK scoring options I can calculate the fluence/flux of each detector. How can I calculate the reaction rate and efficiency
of the detector? i.e convertion of fluence to reaction rate.

My colleagues have the reaction rate and efficiencies calculated using GEANT4 and we want to compare them with FLUKA.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
Zafar