RE: [fluka-discuss]: Re: PhotoNuc card

From: Joachim Vollaire <joachim.vollaire_at_cern.ch>
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2015 05:31:19 +0000

Hi
What I would do for such a problem is to calcule the dose rate in uSv/h. To do so use the pSv/primary (from the fluka results) times the beam intensity in particles per second times 3600 divided by 1e6 to go from pSv/s to uSv/h. You can consider a worker is exposed 2000 h/year to estimate the annual dose. I have no experience wit low energy e-accelerator so no feeling of what is required as shielding.
Greetings
joachim