RE:[fluka-discuss]: Summation peak effect in FLUKA

From: Francesco Cerutti <Francesco.Cerutti_at_cern.ch>
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2015 21:19:46 +0200

If your primary particle is a radionuclide - to be simulated in
semi-analogue mode - that generates a decay gamma cascade, you can look at
single energy deposition events in your detector region by the user
routine comscw.f (requiring a USRBIN ENERGY scoring and a USERWEIG card).
There you can write your own code to dump into a file information about
the particle that deposits energy (using the variables available in
(TRACKR)) and the deposition time (ATRACK). The latter will allow you - at
postprocessing level - to discriminate or to sum signals based on the time
resolution of your detector.
Note that, for each different history, the radionuclide's decay happens at
a different random time ATRACK, consistent on average with its lifetime.

Hope it helps

Francesco Cerutti
CERN-EN/STI
CH-1211 Geneva 23