Re: [fluka-discuss]: Nanoparticles simulation

From: Santana, Mario <msantana_at_slac.stanford.edu>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2015 06:52:02 +0000

Your problem goes beyond the large number of required latticed components.
I quote what was written in this same forum exactly two years ago
http://www.fluka.org/web_archive/earchive/new-fluka-discuss/5902.html

³nanometer geometries are not supposed to be used with FLUKA, particularly
those
aimed at simulating DNA or similar biological structures. The physics of
the code cannot work at such small scales."

Can you not use some kind of continuous approach (i.e. Average properties
of the media)?

On 11/3/15, 2:27 AM, "owner-fluka-discuss_at_mi.infn.it on behalf of
a.ebrahimi_at_student.kgut.ac.ir" <owner-fluka-discuss_at_mi.infn.it on behalf