[fluka-discuss]: SCORE Output "By One Beam Particle" on behalf of Marlon Saveri Silva

From: Paola Sala <paola.sala_at_mi.infn.it>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2015 09:17:02 +0100

SCORE Output "By One Beam Particle"

Dear users,

I noted SCORE card gives its Energy Density output in "GeV/cm**3/one beam
particle.

Is there any significant difference between "one beam particle" and
"particle weight"? Does both mean the deposited energy in a region by
primary weight?

If I use a monochromatic beam as input, I believe there's no difference,
however, I modified source.f in order to use a spectrum of Photons from a
table, such that the sum of all weights is 1. So, when I get an USRBDX
output data in Photons/cmq/GeV/primary weight, I understand I just need
multiply it by the area of the detector, the gap of energies and by a
number (relative to the total quantity of photons in a second) to get
Photons/s/eV (the unity I need).

But, when I read "/ one beam particle", I'm not sure if I adopt the same
procedure.

Att.

Marlon

Paola Sala