RE: [fluka-discuss]: Fwd: Deactivation of nuclear interaction

From: Alberto Fasso <Alberto.Fasso_at_cern.ch>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2015 14:06:12 +0000

For some mysterious reason, the answer I sent yesterday to Felix Horst
resulted in an empty message. In the meantime, Giuseppe Battistoni sent also
an answer, correct although extremely concise.
Here is what I wrote, but did not appear in the mail to the discussion list.

Dear Felix,

you can use command THRESHOLd:

     WHAT(3) = threshold kinetic energy for hadron elastic scattering
               Default: same as for particle transport (set by option
               PART-THR or by default (i.e. the minimum one for which
               the present physics can work, typically 0.02/0.05 GeV
               depending on the hadron)

     WHAT(4) = threshold kinetic energy for hadron inelastic reactions
               Default: same as for particle transport, as defined by option
               PART-THR or by default.

To "kill" all elastic and inelastic reactions, set WHAT(3) and WHAT(4) higher than the beam energy.
But of course you will get unphysical results. The responsibility is yours

Alberto