[fluka-discuss]: RE: Discard the transport of particles that are produced in some regions

From: Joachim Vollaire <joachim.vollaire_at_cern.ch>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2016 13:34:14 +0000

Dear Ana

I am not sure I understand correctly what is your objective. If you want to totally ignore part of the geometry, in this case you could eventually set the material assignment of the concerned regions as black hole. It is quite a brutal approach as all particle entering the concerned regions boundaries would disappear (and thus never exit to further contribute to your scoring).

If however, you still want to "allow" particles to enter and be transported thus interact and then score some quantities without the contribution of particles which have been created inside the regions of interest I believe the best approach would be to use a collision tape. In that case look for the USDRAW entry and "flag" the particles resulting from interaction in the region of interest (using MREG and the routine GEOR2N) and the spare variables for the users ISPUSR for flagging .... Later you can filter out those particles using the flag and a user routine associated to your scoring card.
You can look at the technique refers to as latching in the manual in section 13.2.13
Hoping this help
Joachim