Re: [fluka-discuss]: Loop option in Flair

From: <arghyac_at_barc.gov.in>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2016 12:36:12 +0530

Dear Emilio,
   In flair using Loop option you can run several input files
parallelly.Suppose you want to run same input file with different
energies. you do the following changes in your input filr.

   a) add #define preprocessor card with SDUM=E
   b) in Beam card select Energy and set E=-E
   c)go to run tab
   d) click on Loop option
   e) one pop-up window will come
   f) set Variable,start energy, end energy and step size
   f) check the box below with tick mark (use parent as 1st iteration)
   g)then start run by selecting individual input files from Run tab
I think this will work.
Have a good day

Regards,
Arghya

> Dear Emilio,
> as far as I know, there is no such capability in Flair.
> A possibility is to write a your own script that starts from the input
> files, makes the loop and launch them sequentially.
> Best regards, luigi
>
>> On 14 Jan 2016, at 13:33, Emilio Ciuffoli <ciuffoli_at_ihep.ac.cn> wrote:
>>
>> Dear FLUKA experts,
>>
>> I am trying to use the "loop" tool in Flair: I can easily create the
>> different imput cards, however I still have to launch every job
>> separately: if I launch them togheter, Flair try to calculate them all
>> in parallel.
>>
>> Is there a way to put them in a queue? If it's possible, could you link
>> me some examples?
>>
>> Thank you for your help
>> Emilio

Mr.Arghya Chattaraj