Re: [fluka-discuss]: score the photon whose energy > 9 MeV

From: Santana, Mario <msantana_at_slac.stanford.edu>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2016 21:46:10 +0000

Hi,

If what you are trying to score is photon FLUENCE (or another estimator that is based on photon fluence such as DOSE-EQ filtered to PHOTON via AUXSCORE card), then you can set photon production threshold to 9 MeV with EMFCUT card: WHAT(2)=9.0, WHAT(3)=HYDROGEN, WHAT(4)=LAST-MAT, SDUM=PROD-CUT

You should note that this will bias any physics below 9 MeV (e.g. Electron fluencies or even neutron production if you have photo nuclear reactions enabled and a material with a low enough photo-nuclear threshold). If you don't want that to happen, then you would would need to filter USRBIN energy range through 'fluscw.f' subroutine, activated with USERWEIG card, but that is not something I recommend for someone new to Fluka. Alternatively, if you don't need that information as a geometrical map, you could use other estimators such as USRTRACK or USRBDX, where you can set energy limits.

If what you are scoring is photon DOSE, then you would need to filter USRBIN via 'comscw.f' subroutine, activated also with USERWEIG, but again, that is not for beginners.

-Mario