Re: [fluka-discuss]: Fluka cross section data?

From: Santana, Mario <msantana_at_slac.stanford.edu>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2016 23:34:18 +0000

That is a viable approach to obtain the TOTAL photonuclear cross section. If that is what you want, then add some code like this to 'source.f' routine (it does not matter much where you add the code, e.g. you can put it following line 132 "Save the track...")

      EKmin = 1.0E-3

      EKdelta = 1.0E-3

      EKmax = 0.5
      DO WHILE (EK.le.EKmax)
      XSGAM = XTGNUC(EK,204,82)
      write(LUNOUT,*)EK,XSGAM
      EK=EK+EKdelta
      END DO

Please adjust the values EK{min/delta/max} to scan the cross section within your area of interest and with the resolution you wish.

Energies are as usual in GeV and cross sections are returned in mbarn,

You can do that with any input file that has a SOURCE card in it, but just run the simulation for 1.0 particle

obviously you'll need to link and compile the source.f routine.

-Mario