Re: [fluka-discuss]: Fw: RHOR factor vs CORRFACT

From: Ferreira De Almeida Lourenco, Ana <am.lourenco_at_ucl.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2016 17:43:43 +0000

Hi Chetaine and All,

The purpose of my simulations is to calculate ionization chamber perturbation factors for proton beams. For that purpose, I want to study first the accuracy of particle transport in FLUKA by performing a self-consistency test called the "Fano cavity test". "The Fano cavity test is based on the Fano theorem, which states that under charged equilibrium conditions, the charged particle fluence is independent of the mass density of the media as long as the cross-sections are uniform."

Therefore, even if in reality the cross-sections are dependent on the mass density, for the purpose of these simulations the cross sections must be independent of the density.

Many thanks,
Ana