[fluka-discuss]: 35 Cl neutron cross section question

From: Nesrine Dinar <nesrine.dinar_at_cern.ch>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2016 13:14:04 +0000

Dear Fluka expert,

I would like to simulate a mono energetic neutron beam from 1 MeV to 20 MeV impinging on a CLYC scintillator (composed of Cesium 133, Lithium 7, yttrium , and Chlorine 35).
I would like to score what kind of particle are created inside my target (1inch 1 inch cylinder).
I know from the literature that proton should be created thank to the reaction 35Cl (n,p)35S.

But when I score the proton fluence (usrbin) but it seems that there are no proton production .....

I was wondering if it is possible that this problem could be related to the missing cross section for the 35 Cl ? If so, is there a way to add the cross section for this isotope ?

Thanks for your help,
Nesrine