Re: [fluka-discuss]: proton-proton collisions

From: Paola Sala <paola.sala_at_mi.infn.it>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2016 21:43:41 +0200

Dear Agnieszka
I see two possibilities:
1)add a dummy sphere, in vaccum, around the interaction point, and use it
to score the different particle spectra . For instance with usrbdx, one
for each particle specie.
2) dump all the produced particles from a user routine. The best choice,
in case you are using ppsource, is to use the evvini user routine, that is
called after the source and gets all the secndaries in the fluka stack
(common FLKSTK )
Regards
Paola
> Hi Fluka Users,
> I'm going to make a new simulation of fluence for one of the silicon
> detector at LHC and compare the results from Fluka and Geant4. My first
> problem is how to obtain the four-momenta of particles produced in
> proton-proton collisions in Fluka? At the beginning I want to make a
> comparison at the generation level, so a need a spectrum of all
> particles before they reach any material.
> Cheers,
> Agnieszka

Paola Sala
INFN Milano