Re: [fluka-discuss]: proton-proton collisions

From: <amucha_at_agh.edu.pl>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2016 10:50:52 +0200

Hi,
I’m sorry for not being precise. The main task of my work is to obtain
fluence in silicon strip detectors in LHCb for RunI and RunII and
compare results from Fluka with the “old” simulation done in Geant.
For the Geant simulation I use Pythia and software of the LHCb
Collaboration.

First I need to be sure that Fluka and Pythia generate similar flux of
particles. I want to obtain the energy of particles generated in
proton-proton collision. From the Fluka advanced course I assumed that
the information about four momentum of generated particles is
available. Fortran is hard for me, but hope will cope with if only
knew what to do. I would be perfect if I could finally have Root files,
  this is also in mind.

If spectrum of particles produced in pp collisions (secondary particles)
in Fluka and Pythia is similar, I will compare the fluence in detector –
scoring from Fluka (the geometry part of input file is written) and
energy deposits from Geant 4 and our software.
Sorry for such a long story, but I’m a Fluka beginner, thanks for your
help!

Regards,
Agnieszka