Re: [fluka-discuss]: primaries in proton-proton source

From: Luigi Salvatore Esposito <luigi.salvatore.esposito_at_cern.ch>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2016 14:38:46 +0000

Dear Agnieska,
I assume you refer to the use of SPECSOUR for pp collision.

In that case, for each new primary history (whose maximum number is given by the START card, WHAT(1)),
a new pp collision is generated (via a call to DPMJET, so do not forget to link it!)
and all “secondary particles” are loaded into the stack to be transported (but not the primary protons).
A primary history corresponds to a single pp collision, or better to the whole list of “secondary particles” produced in that pp collision,
and all results are normalised per pp collision.

Hope this could clarify the terminology issue.
Kind regards, luigi