[fluka-discuss]: Cards needed for isotopes

From: Keith Welch <welch_at_jlab.org>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2016 21:41:57 -0400

Hi FLUKA experts. I am making my first attempt to simulate a
radioactive material (not produced by activation from prompt beam). I
have some very stupid beginner's questions:

I want to use the ISOTOPE command on the BEAM card to make the sources.
I have several separate regions with isotopes, and about 6 different
isotopes (same isotope set but different amounts) in each of these
regions. The regions will have Cartesian volumes to define the sources.

1. Do I need a separate BEAM card for each isotope in the material?
And/or separate BEAM card for each of the CART-VOL source regions? (If
so, does each beam card need its own physics, start, etc. cards?)

2. Do I understand correctly that I need 2 BEAMPOS cards to describe the
distribution of the material in each CART-VOL region? One that defines
the volume and one that defines the point around which the volume is
centered?

3. Is it even possible to do this in one setup? Do I have to perform
different models for each single isotope and region and then combine
them? Or is there a better method, like SOURCE cards?

Thank you!

Keith Welch