[fluka-discuss]: BEAM with SPESOUR

From: Roman Savinov <rsavinov_at_calpoly.edu>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2016 05:34:28 +0000

Dear Fluka experts,

I always used the BEAM card together with SPECSOUR but I noticed that fluka runs even if the BEAM is disabled. The results however are bit different. The input example in the manual (16.4) uses BEAM with protons as a SDUM. I assume that since it uses the BEAM card with SDUM:proton while the GCR composition is 28 different ions types, than there is a good reason for that but why does it work without the BEAM?

Can you please explain:

  1. whether/when the BEAM should be used with SPECSOUR
  2. what SDUM in the BEAM card should be chosen in case multiple GCR ions are selected

Thank you,

Roman