RE: [fluka-discuss]: Non-uniform magnetic field?

From: Anton Lechner <Anton.Lechner_at_cern.ch>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2016 19:50:50 +0000

Dear user,

Yes, this is possible. In order to define such a magnetic field you need to implement a customized MAGFLD user routine and compile your own executable. In this user routine you can for example read in a magnetic field map from a file and then apply this field in the regions of interest. You can find more details in the following FLUKA course slides (see page 9 and after for a description of the MAGFLD user routine):
https://indico.cern.ch/event/489973/contributions/2000443/attachments/1270914/1883264/10_AdvancedMagneticField2016.pdf

Cheers, Anton