[fluka-discuss]: discrepancy in usrtrack and usrbin results

From: <ldaniel_at_barc.gov.in>
Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2016 15:00:49 +0530

Dear Fluka experts,

I am a beginner in Fluka studying the gamma interactions using
collimated exposure device of Cesium-137 source of activity 2 Ci. I
made geometry of a room of dimensions 1.5m x 1.5m x 1.7m with a wall
made of carbon steel of thickness 20 cm. I used scoring card Usrtrack
and Auxscore and Usrbin regionwise in the same input. But I got two
different answers using both the scoring cards. Using usrbin, I got
energy deposited and i multiplied the answer with correction factor to
get the answer in exposure rate. I got the expected answer using
Usrtrack and Auxscore by multiplying correction factor in exposure rate.
I am facing a problem with the Usrbin score card as the answer was much
higher than expected and also it did not follow inverse square law.

Distance from source Using Usertrack & auxscore Using Userbin
30.5 cm 6.72 R/⁠h 8.18 R/⁠h
61 cm 1.85 R/⁠h 2.25 R/⁠h
91.5 cm 0.793 R/⁠h 1.07 R/⁠h

   I am attaching the input file.

   Please tell me where I am doing the mistake.

Thanks in advance,

Liji