[fluka-discuss]: USRTRACK vs. USRBDX

From: Karolina Kokurewicz <karolina.kokurewicz_at_strath.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2016 18:03:22 +0000

Dear FLUKA experts,

I'm scoring energy spectra of photons, emitted by 200 MeV electrons focused in water. I'm particularly interested in photons at 20 cm depth. For that I defined 0.01 cm thin volume within water cube by using XYP plane. To score energy of photons I chose tabs USRTRACK with AUXSCORE for that volume. The results I've got are fine however I wanted see if USRBDX will give me the same spectra. I specified boundaries to cover the same region as in USRTRACK (also I added AUXSCORE command to score exatly energy of photons). The results I normalized (according to manual) as follows:

USRTRACK = Y(axis) * energy bin (I get rid of 'per GeV')* number of particles (I get rid of 'per primary'), so I get fluence in cm^{-2}

USRBDX = Y(axis)* energy bin*2pi (because I requested one way scoring) *number of particles.

The results I've got are:

USRBDX 1. ENERGY -34. TARGET TARGET6 100.usrbdx_his
USRBDX 0.2 0.1 200. 0.0 1. &

[X]

USRTRACK 1. ENERGY -30. TARGET6 100. 400.histogram6
USRTRACK 0.2 0.1 &

[X]

I would like to ask how can I explain difference between these two spectra? I have noticed that whenever I change the thickness of my volume fluence increases in USRTRACK. So how thick should be my scoring volume to get the same results as for USRBDX?

Thank you,
Karolina