[fluka-discuss]: About definition of line source

From: Sung Hun KIM <ksh4249_at_hanyang.ac.kr>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2016 20:55:21 +0900

Dear FLUKA users and experts,

Hi, I am a graduate student who is using FLUKA for activation study.

I am now trying to define line source and annular source, however there are
some questions for these problems.

As I know, I can define a line source by (1) applying delta x and y in BEAM
card and (2) using two BEAMPOS cards for cylindrical volumetric source.

Here is my first questions.

Q1. If I want to define a line source along the Z-axis, how can I do? (just
applying delta x, y cannot make a line source along the Z-axis)

Q2. If I use second method for definition of line source (using two BEAMPOS
cards), I think I can make it by setting Rin and Rout for 0. Is it right?

Q3. What is the direction of the particles from line source? Just one
direction which was defined in BEAMPOS card, or 4pi direction?

And if I set the shape of beam as annular in BEAM card,

Q4. what is the direction of the particles? Just one direction which was
defined in BEAMPOS card or normal directions of the annular source?

Your answer will be a great help in my life....

Best wishes,

Sung Hun Kim

Sung Hun Kim, MS-PhD integrated course

Department of Nuclear Engineering, Hanyang University

222 Wangsimni-ro, Seongdong-gu, Seoul 133-791, Korea
Office: +82-2-2220-4057, Fax: +82-2-2220-4054

Cell: +82-10-7242-4249

E-mail: <mailto:ksh4249_at_hanyang.ac.kr> ksh4249_at_hanyang.ac.kr

                      .
   , , . .

This e-mail is intended only for the named recipient.
Dissemination, distribution, forwarding, or copying of this e-mail by anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited.
If you have received it in error, please notify the sender by e-mail and completely delete it. Thank you for your cooperation.