[fluka-discuss]: USR Track in FLUKA

From: Trinh Ngoc-Duy <Ngoc-Duy.Trinh_at_ganil.fr>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2016 14:14:54 +0000

Dear Fluka users,

I'm using FLUKA to calculate the production rate of particle by interaction of a primary beam with a thick target. I'm using USR Track to obtain the spectre of particle produced in the target. I see that USR TRACK give results with units of particle /(cm2/GeV/primary beam).

So if I send a beam into a target. The reaction is happen inside the target, and i score the spectre of produced proton for example. I obtain the total flux of proton :

8 proton /(cm2/GeV/primary beam). with a energy bin of [0:0.1] GeV.

The target is a box with each side of 1 cm. So the area of a face is : 1*1=1cm2.

To obtain the total production rate of proton, i multiple 8*0.1*1=0.8 (proton per primary beam).

I'm not sure about this value because when I simulate a isotropic beam inside a target, and score the total flux with the same method. Normally i should obtain the value of 1 because my target cover all the beam. But FLUKA gives me 6.1 (proton/cm2/GeV/primary beam) = 6.1*1*0.1=0.61 (proton per primary beam) (with a energy bin of [0:0.1] GeV).

I put my input and my results in attachment. Please give me an idea.

Thank you very much.

ND Trinh, GANIL, France.