Re: [fluka-discuss]: photon generation

From: Paola Sala <paola.sala_at_mi.infn.it>
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2016 08:35:15 +0100

Dear Viktor,

there is a wrong MATERIAL card in the input:
MATERIAL 310.43 bisMSB
the density of the material (what(3)) is not defined. What(2) has a
strange valuein, and in any case it has no meaning for a compound, should
be left blank.

I take the occasio to recommend again to all users to have a look at the
fluka out and log files. Many of the errors are reported there, and the
output file is very helpful to understand if the input data was "correct"
, meaning that iut corresponds to what you wish to simulate.

In your case, the problem is reported in the FLUKA output file. This file
is created in a temporary directory during running, and copied to the
working directory if the run is successful. One can access it directly in
the temporary directory (name fluka_####, #### being a number) or from
the "files" tab in the flair RUN window
In your case, at the end of the .out file it's written
  Invalid density 0.000 for material bisMSB
 Abort called from PRCHCK reason INVALID MATERIAL DENSITY Run stopped!
 STOP INVALID MATERIAL DENSITY

Regards
Paola

> Dear Fluka users,
>
> I tried to simulate the generation of optical photons in bis-MSB wave
> length shifter. It's my first simulation with optical photons. I followed
> by instructions of generating of cherenkov and scintillation light 1(2.2.3
> and 12.2.4) but without routines, when refraction index not depend from WL
> and with optical photons as primary particles . Geometry presented as
> layer
> tube. All this I make in FLAIR.
> But when I push RUN, the status of simulation stay in "Waiting to
> attach" and then "Finish OK" of course without generating output files.
> Than i decide make more simple model. when 1 GeV electrons falling on
> Argon
> target and there would be generated scintillation light, but something in
> my input file is wrong and i can't detect the opt. photons
>
> *. Could anyone help or explain what i made wrong?Inp file and
> construction
> of detector is attachedThank you for attention.Viktor*

Paola Sala
INFN Milano
tel. Milano +39-0250317374
tel. CERN +41-227679148