RE: [fluka-discuss]: sample discrete energies using SOURCE routine

From: Chiriotti Alvarez Sabina <sabina.chiriotti.alvarez_at_sckcen.be>
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2016 07:49:54 +0000

Dear Vittorio,

thank you for your remarks. Yes the energies are spanned in 5 orders of magnitude and it corresponds to the Auger and IC electrons of I-125 Isotope (according to Howell 1992 Med Phys 19 (6). Then in order to simulate a decay I need to sample 26 electrons from this electron spectrum.
Therefore I am actually fine for your point 2 because I am using FLUKA for microdosimetry where I need to know how much energy is deposited locally for each decay.

How can I actually generate a source sample changing the weight of the primary particle (WTFLK) according to the probability associated to the energy?

thank you in advance.

kind regards,
Sabina