[fluka-discuss]: Use of tritium as isotope

From: Keith Welch <welch_at_jlab.org>
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2016 13:09:46 -0500

Hi FLUKA experts,

I'm trying to simulate tritium inside an ion chamber. I tried to use
particle= ISOTOPE in the beam card, with a HI-PROPE card to define the
isotope, BEAM POS cards with cylindrical volume and RADDECAY and
DCYSCORE cards.

There was an error that indicated the HI-PROBE card would not work with
tritium and it said to define it using the pre-set triton particle.
There does not appear to be a way to use triton in the HI-PROPE card
itself, so one has to define it as the beam particle in the BEAM card.

But, if I redefine the BEAM as tritons, isn't this going to treat the
tritons as "beam nuclei" rather than a radioactive source? The TRITON
entry takes the place of the ISOTOPE entry. Seems like a catch-22.
What tells FLUKA that I want to treat the tritium as a radioactive
source and not a beam of tritons?

Thank you in advance.
Keith