[fluka-discuss]: Combination of SOURCE and BEAMAXES card.

From: Zi-Yi Yang <s9811249_at_m98.nthu.edu.tw>
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2016 13:07:25 +0800

Dear FLUKA user

I’m trying to define a specific beam direction to bombard a target.

From the FLUKA manual, a better way to do the task with arbitrary beam direction is to define a “beam reference frame” which is not consistent with original “geometry frame” and use subroutine SOURCE.

I had both tested the subroutine SOURCE and BEAMAXES function, and they can successfully work separately.

But when I put them together, the BEAMAXES card is disabled; the beam is along the default positive z-axis direction. (I defined a geometry there to certificate this.)

The active functions in the SOURCE are as following:
TKEFLK (NPFLKA) TXFLK (NPFLKA) TYFLK (NPFLKA) TZFLK (NPFLKA) XFLK (NPFLKA) YFLK (NPFLKA) ZFLK (NPFLKA)
Where the definition of XBEAM, YBEAM, ZBEAM are followed by “geometry frame” and UBEAM, VBEAM, VBEAM are followed by “beam reference frame” (following the description in the (BEAMCM).)

Is there any other option need to be activated? or the order of input card will influence the results? (For example, as I know, the SOURCE card should be put after the BEAM, BEAMPOSit card)

Best regards,
Yang