[fluka-discuss]: Type of biasing

From: Zafar Yasin <Zafar.Yasin_at_cern.ch>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2017 14:50:35 +0000

Dear FLUKA experts,

We have a series of Cryomodules (Type A (paralleleoppiped 12 in number and Type B cylinders 7 in number).
The air gap is present between two modules as shown in fig. below. For each module we have also a plastic
scientillator , total 20 in number, acting as beam loss monitors. Detectors can also be seen in fig. below.

[cid:0a41d04b-61cf-4b18-8aa6-4a9419359457]

Due to the air gap between the modules we cannot use importance biasing. Am I right? We have proton beam
around 20 MeV and heavy ion beams around 60 MeV. I want to confirm type of biasing that can be used here.

Secondly, what is current status to use deutrons as beam particles in FLUKA.

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Zafar