Re: [fluka-discuss]: 220 mev carbon beam depth dose(peak to platea ration)

From: Francesco Cerutti <Francesco.Cerutti_at_cern.ch>
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2017 10:20:02 +0100

Hallo,

again, same basic comment as yesterday. It is not about fancy physical
processes to be possibly activated and parameter optimization, it depends
on which kind of curve you are going to calculate the peak to plateau
ratio. If you limit your transverse scoring to half a mm, you are not
getting the same curve as the one obtained by averaging the energy density
over the whole transverse area.

Giuseppe's recommendations about enabling heavy evaporation and
coalescence, which in general are important to increase the accuracy of
residue production in nuclear reactions, are not going here to solve your
20% discrepancy problem (considering by the way that heavy evaporation
applies to nuclei with mass number larger than 17, which in your case are
marginally produced only by complete fusion towards the end of the carbon
range)

Best regards

Francesco

Francesco Cerutti