Re: [fluka-discuss]: scoring the decay radiation coming from a specific isotope

From: Andrea Fontana <andrea.fontana_at_pv.infn.it>
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2017 22:06:41 +0100

Dear Bolun,
     the example used at the advanced course was based on the development
version of FLUKA that contains new features not present in the current
public release (2011.2c.5).

This is indeed the reason of your problem, because the flag IAZTRK is
not yet included in the common block (TRACKR) nor the extended use
of WHAT(6) in ASSIGNMAt to materials different from vacum and blackhole
is available. In more detail:

- in your FLUSCW routine the variable IAZTRK, not present in (TRACKR),
   is simply a local variable initialized to 0 and it is not linked
   to the isotopes;

- in principle your input file should not run with the current release
   because the use of WHAT(6) in the cards:

ASSIGNMA AIR LEADSC LEAD
ASSIGNMA PORTLAND CCSHIEL2 AIR

is not (yet) possible for AIR and PORTLAND.

Both features will become available with the next major release.

Kind regards,
Andrea

Il 09/02/2017 04:43, s102013803_at_m102.nthu.edu.tw ha scritto:
> Dear FLUKA experts,
> I am trying to score the decay radiation coming from a specific isotope.
> The 4th FLUKA Advanced Course exercise 7: Activation is met my needs.
> I download the input (ex7-activation.inp) and fluscw (fluscw-Co-60.f) from the workshop website (https://indico.cern.ch/event/489973/timetable/#20160509) and rerun the input to obtain the spectrum from the decay of Co-60 only by USRBDX. The FLUKA version used in this case is the 2011.2c.5. The entire simulation is fine, but the result of the spectrum from the decay of Co-60 is zero, however, the spectrum from all the decay photon includes the decay gamma of Co-60. I also print the value of IAZTRK to check whether it work correctly or not, and that value is zero, too. I attached the input, fluscw.f and simulation result(the word file page1). The file of IAZTRK is oversize to upload, so I put parts of it in word file page2. Can someone help me with this?
>
> Best regard,
> Bolun

Dr. Andrea Fontana                    tel: +39 0382 987991
Istituto Nazionale                    fax: +39 0382 423241
di Fisica Nucleare
Sezione di Pavia                      e-mail: andrea.fontana_at_pv.infn.it
Via Bassi 6                           web   : www.pv.infn.it/~fontana
27100 PAVIA, Italy