Re: [fluka-discuss]: MGDRAW

From: Andrea Fontana <andrea.fontana_at_pv.infn.it>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2017 22:49:27 +0100

Hello again Viktor,
Ihave double checked the behaviour of the format specifiers
used in the previous example, '(1P,4G10.4)' for instance, and I write
with a correction on the meaning of 1P.

1P is used in connection with the G format specifier: G is used for
floating point numbers and is an extension of the F format specifier
to optionally print the result in exponential notation (depending on
the value). 1P is meant to alter the result of the WRITE statement
byshifting the location of the decimal point by 1 position,
transforming for example0.123E10 in 1.234E9.

You can find more details in a Fortran referencebook.

Best,
Andrea

Il 10/02/2017 18:38, Віктор Родін ha scritto:
> Dear FLUKA users and experts,
> I'm looking for ways of detecting quantities of particles in the
> defined region and their coordinates of boundary crossing. I saw that
> MGDRAW subroutine gives a lot of usefull information about particles
> I searched how the MGDRAW subroutine works and found nice answer and
> MGDRAW file in the discuss :
> http://www.fluka.org/web_archive/earchive/new-fluka-discuss/6806.html
> <http://www.fluka.org/web_archive/earchive/new-fluka-discuss/6806.html>
> I'm newbie in FORTRAN77 and ask you to answer me on few questions from
> this topic:
> 1. Everything shifts in output file if I add third coordinate in this
> MGDRAW , How can this be repaired?
> 2. Can I kill each particle which cross boundary? Because some
> particles are registered twice. I read that it could be done only
> with help of the USRMED. Is it true?
> Thank you for attention. INP file and MGDRAW are attached.
> Best regards,
> Viktor

Dr. Andrea Fontana                    tel: +39 0382 987991
Istituto Nazionale                    fax: +39 0382 423241
di Fisica Nucleare
Sezione di Pavia                      e-mail: andrea.fontana_at_pv.infn.it
Via Bassi 6                           web   : www.pv.infn.it/~fontana
27100 PAVIA, Italy