RE: [fluka-discuss]: Transverse momentum

From: Francesco Cerutti <Francesco.Cerutti_at_cern.ch>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2017 11:08:22 +0100

Hi Zafar,

I'm not convinced by your experimental data normalization.
Take a look at http://cds.cern.ch/record/2231593?ln=en
and in particular at Figure 7.16 (bottom) on page 113 (121 in the pdf
file). Those are exactly your p-p charged particle transverse momentum
distributions as measured by ATLAS at 0.9 and 7 TeV center of mass energy.
And they lie a factor 10 below your curve, in pretty good agreement with
FLUKA results (you may guess that, as routinely performing LHC p-p
collisions for accelerator operation and upgrade purposes, we would have
been ourselves intrigued by a factor 10 discrepancy with data, if real).

Kind regards

Francesco

Francesco Cerutti
CERN-EN/STI