[fluka-discuss]: stopping protons

From: Bertrand Dewit <bertrand.dewit_at_student.kuleuven.be>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2017 16:44:33 +0000

Dear FLUKA experts,

I am a FLUKA beginner and I am currently trying to simulate the radiation caused by a proton irradiated target. The problem is that this irradiated target is transported afterwards transported to another area. It is in this area that I want to look at the radiation. My thought was to have the target already inside of the area to which it will be transported and have it irradiated there. But in that case I need to make sure that other parts of the room don't get exposed to the protons. Would it be possible to have a sphere around the beam and target that the protons of the beam can not cross, but the radiation of the activated target can?

Thanks in advance!

With kind regards,

?Bertrand