Re: [fluka-discuss]: A model of the target

From: Paola Sala <paola.sala_at_mi.infn.it>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2019 16:08:17 +0200

Hello
in order to "add up" different zones in a same region, the correct
operator is the "|" sign:
     | +sphere1 | +sphere2
means all what is contained either in sphere1 or in sphere2, that is a
region composed by the two independent spheres. The same canbe extended to
many spheres.

Instead, the + sign, means intersection:
 +sphere1 +sphere2
gives a region that is the space contained BOTH in sphere1 and in sphere2.
If the two bodies are not overlapping, this space is non existent.

Please check also the formatting of the input, I found some "TAB" in it,
but maybe they were added by file transfer or conversions. TABs are not
allowed in Fluka inputs

Hope this helps
Paola
> I built a model of the target, which was made up of eight small balls in
> different positions, and the protons were shining down from the Z axis,
> but
> the drawing and calculation all reported errors,but I could not find the
> problem
>
> Can anyone help me?
>
> The input file t.new(2).inp

Paola Sala