[fluka-discuss]: optimizing scoring of dose in water

From: Giuseppe Prestopino <giuseppe.prestopino_at_uniroma2.it>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2016 10:28:41 +0200

Dear FLUKA experts,
I am trying to optimize a simple simulation aimed to score dose in a
thin volume surronded by water. The thin volume I am using is either
water, or carbon, or air. I am starting simulating a spectrum of
photons, where the maximum energy is 6 MeV by using a tabulated spectrum.
I have the following questions:
- are the cards that I am using in the input file the best way to
simulate photon (and secondary radiation) transport/ production?
- is there a way to reduce error in the scoring of dose in that thin
volume, avoiding to increase the number of primaries?
- concerning dose scoring, is it ok to score it by USRBIN in a binned
volume that covers the whole thin region of interest? Or is it better to
define a region corresponding to that target volume?

Thank you a lot,
Giuseppe