Re: USER SOURCE

From: Alfredo Ferrari (alfredo.ferrari@cern.ch)
Date: Fri Aug 06 2004 - 14:36:52 CEST

    Hi Kerry

    you are probably using wrong numbers for the cposines. the code has
    internal protections/cehcks against unnormalized cosines. Check them!

              Alfredo

    On Thu, 5 Aug 2004, LEE, KERRY T. (JSC-SR) (UHCL) wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I am using the user SOURCE routine and I am trying to set the direction
    > cosines of the beam in my source.f routine. I have successfully run
    > changing both cosX and cosY, but when I try and change cosZ nothing happens.
    > When I set coxZ to 1 or -1 the code gets hung in an infinite loop, and the
    > error output shows that cosX=0, cosY=0, and cosZ=0, therefore, it thinks
    > there is no movement.
    >
    > I use the following lines to set the direction cosines
    >
    > TX (LSTACK) = cosx_
    > TY (LSTACK) = cosy_
    > TZ (LSTACK) = cosz_
    >
    > Is there something additional that must be done to change cosZ properly?
    >
    > When I use the BEAMPOS card without SOURCE everything works as expected.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Kerry Lee

    |  Alfredo Ferrari                ||  Tel.: +41.22.767.6119                  |
    |  CERN-AB                        ||  Fax.: +41.22.767.7555                  |
    |  1211 Geneva 23                 ||  e-mail: Alfredo.Ferrari@cern.ch        |
    |  Switzerland                    ||          Alfredo.Ferrari@mi.infn.it     |